Kenya failed to progress to the group stages of the qualifying campaign for the bi-annual football showpiece after losing 0-1 aggregate, reports Xinhua.
Kenya lost 0-1 to Lesotho in Maseru, two weeks ago and were held to a barren draw in Nairobi Sunday.
Kenya`s football governing body (FKF) reacted to the loss with the dismissal of the entire technical bench, which was led by the Belgian coach.
FKF said in a statement that it had given the bench all the necessary support but they had failed to deliver.
“We shall announce the way forward soon,” said a statement from the federation.
Lesotho go through to the next round, having won the first leg 1-0 in Maseru one week ago.
Lesotho will move on to the next stage where they will meet Burkina Faso, Gambia and Gabon in Group C with the top two teams, making it to the 2015 Africa Nations Cup (ACFON) which will be held in Morocco in January and February.
The implication is that Kenya will be out of international football for at least two years and will now have to wait for the qualifying matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations finals to try and play in Africa`s biggest stage.
The last time Kenya featured in the competition was in 2004. The Belgian had been appointed the coach of the Kenyan national team in February 2013.
He arrived in Nairobi having been the head coach of Burundi. The 45-year-old previously led Burundi between 2007 and 2012, resigning last year in a protest over his working conditions.